History


linda lewin
The Coomealla Memorial Sporting Club
has always
been a community club for the
people of Coomealla
and surrounding areas.
In 1947, following a public meeting, a passionate local committee worked cooperatively to build what was originally known as “The Coomealla Memorial Club”.

The original funding of £5,000 (pounds) was sourced from a mixture of community donations and interest free loans. Although established by the local RSL sub-branch, the Coomealla Memorial Sporting Club is not an RSL Club.

Today, the Coomealla Memorial Sporting Club is considered a multi faceted facility providing extensive options for dining and functions, indoor and outdoor entertainment areas, sports bar, children’s entertainment area, private and corporate function facilities.

Combined with our sporting and modern accommodation resort facilities, the Coomealla Memorial Sporting Club is a wonderful reflection of the foresight of the founding members. Now with 12,000 members, incorporating nine sporting intra clubs, the Coomealla Memorial Sporting Club provides enormous financial support and assistance to an extensive range of sporting and community organisations throughout our local district.